QuakeSpasm is a *Nix friendly Quake Engine based on the SDL port of the popular FitzQuake. It includes some new features, important fixes, and aims for portability and 64 bit correctness.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, other unices.
- Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- OpenGL improvements. In-game resolution changing.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files.
- Improved game controller support using SDL2.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.